Saturday, June 25, 2005

"It"

"It" is not about "Left" or "Right," "Liberal" or "Conservative." It is not about maintaining strict denominational or party lines. Our allegiance is not to The Democracy or The Republic, the flag nor the Constitution. All of these words are man-made and their meanings, and the ideas which they represent, change over time. So what is "it" about then?

"It" (our life) is about whom we serve. Will we serve God or man? Life is about the kingdom of God. Life is about the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

I am not suggesting ecumenicalism (which sacrifices truth to the god of unity) or any other such heretical thing. What I am suggesting is that Christians wake up and act like what we call ourselves. Stop worshipping the world and its tantalizing tidbits and its delectable delicacies, all of which have no more value than a child's plastic beaded necklace. We have called out to be a holy people, a priestly nation.

The vast majority of those who profess to be Christians, have isolated God to a matter of the heart, a personal religion. God is good for Sunday and sappy T-shirts, but nothing else. Christianity, by a large majority, has been swallowed up by our megatainment, egocentric culture. They are blind, deaf and dumb to the overtly humanistic, Satan worshiping world around them. So what are we supposed to do?

We are to read God's Word and do what it says. We are to listen to His voice and keep His covenant (Ex. 19:5). We are to build and rebuild the world around us in terms of His Word, His truth. We are to bow our knee to Christ and worship Him as Lord and King.

Here are Jesus', our Savior and Lord's, own words:

Matt. 6:33
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

John 14:15
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

Matt. 22:37
And He said to him, " `YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Matt. 28:18-20 (ISV)
Then Jesus came up and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore, as you go, disciple all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you each and every day until the end of the age."

These are not easy things to do. I struggle with this every day. I struggle with how to train up my children in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6). But it is a struggle that I must wrestle with, a struggle that I must attack head on, for the consequences, if I do not, are eternal.

Proverbs 8:32-36
32 "Now therefore, O sons, listen to me, For blessed are they who keep my ways. 33 "Heed instruction and be wise, And do not neglect it. 34 "Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts. 35 "For he who finds me finds life And obtains favor from the LORD. 36 "But he who sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death."

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home