Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Alligators and Gibbons

Imagine yourself coming within inches of a live, eight foot long, alligator at nine o'clock at night in the middle of the street! Well this is exactly what happened to me.

To make matters even more interesting, I also came face to face with a Gibbon, a Lemur and a great horned owl! All of this happened quite unexpectedly in the middle of the street under the cover of darkness in a neighboring, sleepy little town.

Oh, yeah, I also ran into Dan Breeding of "Creatures of Creation" as he was returning home from a show. It's the first time I've met Dan and he seems like a great guy. Our meeting was quite happenstance. He told me and the other men I was with his amazing story and about how God's hand can be seen through the many amazing turns in his life. In the past year he has appeared on many programs like "The Tonight Show," "The Late Show," "Live with Regis and Kelly," "Good Morning America" as well as many others like Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom" (one of my absolute favorite programs when I was a kid). His animals have also appeared in many films and commercials. One of the best things about Dan and his animals is that he uses them to spread the gospel of Jesus wherever he goes. He has even had the opportunity to witness to many celebrities. He also works with another ministry which provides Bibles to Hollywood so that he can deliver tracks and personalized Bibles to the "Stars."

If you'd like to book a show just call 1-800-604-0984 or visit www.creaturesofcreation.com.

Dan, thanks for letting me pet the Gibbon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home